Special Cash Payments of 100,000 yen

Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Japanese government is giving 100,000 yen as Special Cash Payments (Tokubetsu Teigaku Kyufukin) to each person living in Japan. Foreign residents can receive this money too.

Eligibility: Those people who have their name on the Basic Resident Resister on April 27, 2020. *A residence card (Status of residence) that lets you live in Japan for more than three months. A residence certificate registered with your town or city (municipality).

To Apply: Fill out and submit the application form which is sent to the householder. On the application form, you need to write the bank account you want the money paid into. You also need a document that certifies the bank account and a copy of a document that shows your identity. *If the householder has MyNumber (Individual Number) card, you can apply online. Please check the website for more details.

*The total amount of money for your family will be transferred to your bank account at a later date.

Application Period: Within 3 months from the starting day of application by mail procedure.

URL (City of Yokohama)

Inquiries: Yokohama City Call Center of Special Cash Payments 0570-045592 (Navi Dial) 9:00-17:00 (every day in June)

URL (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications)

Inquiries:0120-260020 (Toll-free number) 9:00-20:00

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square